Fr Andrew Franklin was born in Chester.
He studied for the priesthood at St Marys College, Oscott between 1996 and 2003.
In 2001 he graduated from the University of Birmingham with a BA (Hons) in Applied Theology. This was followed in 2003 with a degree Bachelor of Sacred Theology (STB) from the Catholic University of Leuven, Belgium.
He was Ordained 3 July 2004 St Anthony’s Church, Saltney. Since then:
- Assistant Priest Our Lady Star of the Sea, Llandudno 2004-2007.
- Chaplain to Blessed Edward Jones Catholic Secondary School, Rhyl 2005-2007.
- September 2007-February 2011 Leave due to ill health.
- 2011-2017 Assistant Priest, Christ the King and St Augustine’s, Coventry.
- 2014-2017 Chaplain to Bishop Ullathorne Catholic Secondary School, Coventry.
- 2017 to present. Parish Priest for St Joseph’s. He is also the Hospital Chaplain to Warwick Hospital and to the Central England Rehabilitation Centre in Whitnash.
In 2015 he undertook further studies in Canon Law again through Leuven University. He graduated with an MA and a Licentiate In Canon Law (JCL). Fr Andrew assists as a Judge and Canonical Advocate for the Birmingham and Welsh Marriage Tribunals respectively.
In his free time he likes to follow Manchester United and enjoys playing golf and squash.
He also enjoys walking in the countryside with his Labradors Monty and Oak.